Almost a decade ago, Intuit came up with a versatile tool named QuickBooks file doctor tool, thinking about the QuickBooks errors that are generally faced by users while working on the software. With the combination of the Network diagnostic tool and Company File diagnostic tool, the product is exclusively designed for rendering a hassle-free service to those who rely on the software for their needs. The good thing about the tool is that it auto-detects the errors and rectifies them. Here is everything that you would want to know about the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Not Working, Update & Install Error.
What is a QuickBooks file doctor?
Before you start using the doctor tool Quickbooks it is highly recommended to understand its various aspects and usage, so let’s get further to know what exactly file doctor QuickBooks is! It basically is a simple tool that repairs files and fixes the errors that the users face while working on the QuickBooks software. It is integrated only in QuickBooks versions that were launched after 2016. If you are using an older version you can easily upgrade your software by following a few easy steps.
you must keep in mind that the tool only works for UK and US versions and remains incompatible with the QuickBooks Mac version. Though, it can be used with QuickBooks windows desktop. There are a few quick steps that you can follow to operate the tool.
What are the Types of QuickBooks file doctor tools?
- QBFD stand-alone version is used from the specific server that has QuickBooks database server manager component already installed with the purpose of hosting a file.
- The Built-in version is the other variant of the QuickBooks file doctor tool that comes with QuickBooks 2016 and later versions.
Download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool in Few Simple steps
From every technology that we are using, we tend to expect smooth and efficient outcomes, same goes with QuickBooks software. Here are a few easy steps that you can learn to download and install the QuickBooks file doctor tool and use it to the best of its capabilities.
- Download QuickBooks/QB tools hub and press CTRL+J keys simultaneously to move to the downloads.
- Now you should save the file somewhere that is convenient for you to locate immediately.
- Click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe to open the file that you just saved.
- A license agreement will pop up, click on YES.
- Now, click on the ‘install option’ and wait for the process to be completed.
- Hit the ‘Finish’ option.
- Once you have finished the installation process, click on the ‘QuickBooks Tool Hub’ option.
- In the tool hub, navigate to ‘Company File Issues’ and run QuickBooks file doctor.
How to run QuickBooks file doctor and Fix company file and network issues
Now that you have understood the basics of the QBFD, let’s take a look at the steps involved to run the tool along with understanding how to Fix company files and network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor.
- To run the QuickBooks desktop file doctor tool, go to the tool hub icon and select the company file issues tab.
- Further, click on the ‘run QBFD ‘ option. Before moving forward give ample time to the tool so it can start properly.
- In the QuickBooks file doctor, you need to select the company file from the drop-down menu. If you fail to locate the file, browse and keep looking until you find it.
- Now, click on ‘check the file option’ and select continue.
- Finally, you need to enter your QuickBooks admin password, and hit next. And you are good to go!
Now that you have understood the basics of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool Not Working, Update & Install Error, we hope that you can execute the download and installation process very smoothly. The tool is extremely user friendly and requires no rocket science. In case you still face any issues and seek professional help our team is just a call away or get in touch us at visit our website QuickBooks Enterprise Support.
- How to Manually Re-install QuickBooks on a New Computer
- Easy Methods to Set Up Class Tracking in QuickBooks
- How to Reactivate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription
- Custom Email Template Issue in QuickBooks, How to Fix?
- 5 Easy Solutions to Fix Desktop Display Errors in QuickBooks
- Fix QuickBooks Error 40001 Manually Using Quick and Easy Solutions
- Process to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 213
- How to Install QuickBooks in Two Computers Easily
- How to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Error like a Pro!
- What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error And how to get rid of it
- Efficient Process to install and set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Troubleshooting Methods for common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors
- QuickBooks Desktop Runtime Redistributable and its rectification
- What is the W2 form in QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Validation, License, and Registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop
- Features and Limitations of QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022
- What is QuickBooks Sales Tax Error And How to Resolve it?
- Incredible ways to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 2501
- Quick Hacks to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 50004
- Resolving QuickBooks Error 6209 Efficiently like a pro!
- Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 7300
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15222
- Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- How to Resolve Error OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks Manually at Home
- Perfect Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1117 and It’s Causes
5 thoughts on “Easy Remedial steps to Fix company file and network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor”