Managing finances gets a little tricky at times and while you are managing other tasks as well you tend to need a helping hand. Well, QuickBooks software is that helping hand, which enhances your business by managing your accounts and handling your books. QuickBooks by Intuit is an application that is built with state of the art technology and is ideal for small and middle-sized businesses. QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is an error that is quite common and triggers when the company file is not stored appropriately.
The article includes:
- Definition of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- Cause of the error
- Troubleshooting Methods for Fixing QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
Definition of QuickBooks Error 6000 77
QuickBooks Error 6000 77 is a pretty common issue that occurs when a company file is not stored in the correct folder. The world is growing exponentially and so are accounting standards, thus we need to walk hand in hand with technological advancements. When the application is infected with the Error 6000, 77 in QuickBooks, the message will keep popping up on the screen.
What are the primary causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 77?
The most common reasons for QuickBooks Error 6000 77 :
- If the company file is located on a local drive on an external storage device.
- Another reason is the number of files opened concerning the mapped drive on QuickBooks.
- Using the software in multi-user mode while communicating problems.
- Storing company files on external storage instead of a local drive or a network.
- If the company file has “Incorrect/Wrong folder permission”.
Troubleshooting Methods for Fixing QuickBooks Error 6000, 77?
QuickBooks Error Code 6000, 77 can be resolved with the following troubleshooting methods. Ensure to follow the processes accurately.
Solution 1: If the folder is damaged, follow the instruction to recreate it
- In the first step, you must go to C:\ drive, and then create a new folder
- Now you need to click on the folder where company file data is stored
- Further, you must locate the file “.qbw”
- After that, you must right-click on it followed by clicking on ‘copy’
- Now, move forward to create a new folder and then paste the “.qbw file” into the new folder
- With windows, permission create an “Access” to allow company file shareability so that errors can be solved
- Now, open the QuickBooks file from where you have moved the file.
Solution 2: You need to use the File Doctor tool
- The step includes downloading and launching the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on the system.
- The tool will automatically resolve the errors by thorough scanning and auto-detection.
Solution 3: Rename .ND and .TLG files
Add the extension .ND and .TLG to enhance the configuration while permitting QuickBooks desktop, in accessing company files using multi-user mode. Renaming ND and .TLG files then there will ensure no loss of data while accessing the company file.
- In the first step go to the folder that stores the company files.
- Now you need to locate the company file with extensions “.ND” and “.TLG”
- Further look for files with the same file name as the company file, but with the extension. NDz and .TLG. Ex: company_ file.qbw.ND, company_file.qbw.TLG
- Go to “.ND/.TLG” file, and right-click on the “Rename” option
- Include the word “.old” after adding the extension and press the “Enter” key. (Example: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD, company_file.qbw.tlg.old
Solution 4: Update the security software settings
- Begin with Configuring “Firewall port settings” and set it automatic
- Now either install an “Anti-virus” or configure the software.
Solution 5: Switch to UNC Path
- In the first step, you must go to the QuickBooks icon, press and hold “Ctrl” & click on “Run as Administrator”.
- Further, you need to hold the “Ctrl key” until the “No Company Open” pops open. Holding the control key prevents the automatic opening of QuickBooks.
- Now, You need to select the File menu, and click on “Open or Restore Company” then Open a company file followed by “Next“.
- Finally, click on “Network” settings, and navigate to your company file.
Solution 6: Reboot QuickBooks software to check if the issue still prevails
There have been instances when simply rebooting the software works as a troubleshooting process, so do not forget to reboot QuickBooks software. Now that you have come across the best troubleshooting methods to rectify QuickBooks Error 6000, 77, you can manually eradicate the issue at home. In case of any technical glitch, it is advised to get in touch with the professional. QBS solution has a diligent team that holds expertise in solving any sort of technical issue. You can call us on our toll-free number or connect through our official website- QuickBooks Enterprise Support.