QuickBooks indeed is a boon for people with small and medium-sized businesses. The application is used for managing the finances and for efficient bookkeeping. Although it is technically upgraded software, it tends to face certain errors at times. Error OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks is one of the most common errors that users face. If you too are getting error messages then be rest assured, that you are at the right place. Let’s learn about the error and the quick solutions to resolve it.
What is Error OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks?
If you are using the QuickBooks application and you try to create an online bank account. You might get an error message OLSU 1024 on-screen stating ‘An error occurred while updating branding files’. If you face such an issue you must restart the Banking Set Up wizard and along with reinitiating the update process. The most common reason for the error is the un-updated Directory of your financial institutions. While there are a few other potential reasons as well that can trigger the QuickBooks banking error OLSU-1024.
What are the possible causes of error OLSU 1024
- Outdated version of the QuickBooks application.
- FIDIR is stored in the wrong location.
- Corrupted or Windows
- Incorrect transaction records of Financial Institution Directory.
- Virus or malware attack.
Advanced troubleshooting for Quickbooks Error OLSU 1024
Here are a few troubleshooting methods to resolve Quickbooks Error OLSU 1024. If you are getting prompts or error notifications then follow all these methods. If in case you fail to resolve the issue, seek technical assistance so that the right course of action is followed.lets begin with the solutions.
Solution 1: QuickBooks Application Needs Update
If you are using an older version of QuickBooks, you must update it to the latest version to fix QuickBooks bank feed error OLSU-1024. The instructions to execute the solutions are given below. Follow them carefully
- Begin with going to the Update page, and then the QuickBooks product will be automatically picked. If it does not, then you must click on the Change button and manually pick the QuickBooks product.
- Now you will get the update options for your Quickbooks, here you must pick the preferred procedure and then hit Next.
- Wait till the update finishes and then restart the QuickBooks application.
If the error OLSU-1024 continues, then try the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Application
You can fix the error by Repairing the damaged QuickBooks company file. Let’s move forward with the second method for eradicating QuickBooks error code OLSU-1024. Let’s get forward to follow the given steps
- Hit on the Windows + K keys together on your keyboard.
- Now, click on the Uninstall or Change a program.
- In the next step, select QuickBooks from the list and then select Uninstall or Change.
- After the previous step a new window will open, you must click Next and select Repair to fix the damaged company file.
- Further, click on Next, then Repair followed by clicking on Finish.
If the QuickBooks error OLSU 1024 still prevails move on to the next process
Solution 3: Modification of fidir.txt File Preferences
If the FIDIR is not stored in a suitable location, edit the preferences for the fidir.txt file. The instructional steps are given below:
- Navigate through the given path: C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit\ QuickBooks 20XX\ Components\ OLB\ branding\ filist. to reach fidir.txt file.
- If you locate the file, right-click on the file, to open the drop-down list that will show up.
- Further, you need to choose Properties from the drop-down menu.
- In the next step, mark the checkbox for Read-Only and finally apply the changes
These are few of the most trusted troubleshooting methods to resolve Error OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks. It is true that the software is the best in its industry and its users have been growing exponentially. If you face any sort of technical glitch while rectifying the error, get in touch with the QuickBooks professionals at the earliest. QBS solutions is known for its quick services that are rendered by the proficient and diligent teams. You can call us on our toll free number or contract through our official website- QuickBooks Enterprise Support.