Despite being an accounting software, QuickBooks may sometimes encounter several errors. QuickBooks update error is one of them. QuickBooks Update errors usually appear while you try to download updates or during latest upgrades. Occurrence of such errors prevents QuickBooks from downloading updates.
Some of the common QuickBooks Update Errors are:
- QuickBooks Update Error 15277
- QuickBooks Update Error 1603
- QuickBooks Update Error 15000
- QuickBooks Update Error 12045
- QuickBooks Update Error 12037
- QuickBooks Update Error 12038
How to fix QuickBooks Update Error?
- The date and time settings in your system might be incorrect.
- There might be internet connectivity issues.
- Downloading updates for QuickBooks might be prevented by windows firewall.
- There can be more than one installation of QuickBooks in your system.
What are the various ways to fix QuickBooks Update Error?
In case of general internet connectivity issues:
Instability in the internet connection might also result in QB update errors.
Hence, it is recommended that you must check your internet connection. Do not proceed with the update process if the internet connection is weak.
Solution 1: By correcting the system date and time on the computer.
- From the right hand bottom corner of your computer screen, go to the system clock and make a right click on it and then adjust date and time.
- Now, you need to change the current date and time by clicking on change and time.
- Click OK and run QuickBooks desktop.
Solution 2: Checking internet connection settings.
Open any website on your internet explorer and if you see any error message like ‘Unable to connect to the internet’, in this case you need to contact your IT person for help.
For more troubleshooting:
- Open QuickBooks and reach the help tab, then click on the tab of Internet connection setup.
- Now, you have to click on ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings for getting access to the internet’.
- Select the tab of ‘advanced’ settings after clicking Next.
- Under this tab, click on Restore Advanced settings and click OK.
Solution 3: By configuring your Computer’s firewall settings.
- After clicking the Start button, search for ‘QuickBooks database Server manager’.
- Once you click on QuickBooks database server manager, you have to click the Port monitor tab.
- Make a note of the Port number version of your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now in the search bar which opens by clicking on the Start button, search for Windows firewall.
- Reach the Advanced settings of windows firewall.
- In the advanced settings, make a right click on ‘Inbound rules’ and click on New Rule.
- Click on Next after clicking on Port.
- You need to enable the TCP option.
- You have to check mark the Specific Local Ports and then enter your port number in the text box which appears.
- You have to type a name for this new rule.
- Proceed further to follow the same steps to set the outbound rules of QuickBooks.
Solution 4: Removing the Second copy of QuickBooks
There must be chances that the same version of QuickBooks desktop which are installed in your system. It may cause QB update errors. So, it is recommended that you remove one copy of QuickBooks from your system. This will help you in fixing the QuickBooks update errors.
Hopefully, QuickBooks update error are fixed by these basic troubleshooting steps. But, you still may encounter certain QB update errors. In this case, you can reach out to QuickBooks Enterprise Support at +1-888-485-0289 for instant support.