Over the years QuickBooks has become one of the most reliable software for accounting and bookkeeping needs. Moreover, it has given a new dimension to the industry with enhanced benefits and advantages. However this app has enhanced many small and medium-sized businesses with its robust software but, this is also true that it often crashes and affects the flow of work. Certain errors take place and one of the most common is QuickBooks Error code 15222. Here are easy troubleshooting methods for resolving the error soon.
What is QuickBooks Error code 15222
The QuickBooks error 15222 usually emerges when a user tries to download QuickBooks Payroll or updates the QuickBooks Desktop. The error may arise due to many technical glitches and a few of them are mentioned below. Let’s check further to know the causes of Error code 15222.
Causes of QuickBooks Error code 15222
Many reasons can trigger the error code 15222 in QuickBooks. A few of the most common have been mentioned below. If you can figure out the reason that has triggered the error in your system then it is recommended to resolve the issue as soon as possible or get in touch with the QuickBooks experts to rectify it soon.
- Antivirus and firewall installed in the computer sometimes consider QuickBooks Desktop updates as a danger and thus stop the software from performing well or hinder the update.
- If the Internet Explorer is not marked as the default browser.
- If the registered digital signatures are not functioning properly, an error can occur.
Step to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15222
Check out the step to resolve the error manually at home. Follow the instructions carefully and get in touch with technical experts in case of any severe glitch.
Solution 1: Update core data files of QuickBooks
If your system has any antivirus or firewall, then you must update the applications that are listed in bullets to allow certain exceptions that would eventually help you in getting rid of the error.
- qbupdate.exe process
Solution 2: Digital signature certificate installation
- Begin with closing the QuickBooks Desktop in the system.
- There are chances of missing out on the digital signature if QuickBooks is running.
- In the next step look for the ‘QBW32.exe file‘, located in ‘C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks‘.
- Further, you just right-click on ‘QBW32.exe, and go to the ‘Properties‘ option.
- In the next step, you need to choose the ‘Digital Signature‘ tab and make sure to click on ‘Intuit Inc‘ from the signature list.
- Go to the ‘Details‘ Option and click on the ‘View Certificate‘ option from the window ‘Digital signature details’.
- Moving forwards choose ‘Install Certificate’ from the Certificate window.
- Now hit on the ‘Next‘ tab as soon as the finish icon is displayed on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Finish‘ button, followed by rebooting the system.
- Now open QuickBooks to download the updates again
Solution 3: Update Antimalware in Your System
It is one of the most important and common steps that must be taken care of. You need to update the antivirus or anti-malware in your system and set the exceptions by including the following domain
Solution 4: Switch off Windows Firewall
- Go to the ‘Start’ button on the bottom of the screen.
- In the next step move to the ‘Settings‘ option and hit on to the ‘Windows Security’ option.
- Now you need to tap on to open ‘Windows Security’ and move to the ‘Firewall and Network Protection‘ option.
- After this, select ‘Public Network, ‘Domain’ and ‘private Network‘ in the given sequence.
- Finally, turn off the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ that includes network types.
Solution 5: Install QuickBooks Tools Hub
The tool hub can detect and rectify a plethora of errors.
- Begin with downloading ‘QuickBooks Tools Hub‘ and start the ‘installation‘ process.
- In the next step close ‘QuickBooks’.
- Further, you must open the file that has been downloaded.
- Now you need to start following the instructions while the ‘installation’ process is going on.
- Mark the checkbox given under the ‘terms and conditions.
- Once the installation process finishes, double-click on the Tool Hub icon to open it
- Click on ‘Program‘ problems, followed by ‘Quick fix my program and then click on ‘QuickBooks Desktop‘.
- Open the ‘data file‘.
Here are a few of the steps that can be used to resolve QuickBooks Error code 15222. Understand exactly what the error is about and the reasons that trigger the issue. Follow the steps carefully to manually rectify the issue. In case you face any technical glitches get in touch with a QuickBooks professional who can help you in resolving efficiently. Quickbooks Enterprise Support solutions is a pioneering support system that has a robust team comprising highly proficient experts. For any technical error gets in touch with our team by calling on our toll-free number or contact through our official website.