QuickBooks indeed is amongst the most used software when it comes to managing accounts of small and middle scale businesses. There are many glitches that you can find despite top-notch technology. Out of the few most common issues, QuickBooks Error 213 can be witnesses that can arise due to corrupted company files. This error occurs when a user finds a duplicate in the QBWin.log file. Continue reading to understand the issue along with the potential solution to get rid of the problem.
What is QuickBooks Error 213?
The daily tasks managed by QuickBooks can get hampered due to the damaged company files. The error notification will pool up on your screen stating “QuickBooks Rebuild Error 213“. The error can be rectified using the Verify & Rebuild data utility in QuickBooks. Several reasons can be categorised as the root cause of the error QB Error 213. The most common reasons are mentioned below.
Primary Causes for QuickBooks Error 213
Let’s dig deeper into the potential causes of the QuickBooks Error 213.
- Incorrect Windows registry.
- Wrong customer input can also trigger the error.
- Removal or deletion of the files from the registry
- Inaccurate passageways of all non-existing jobs.
How to fix the QuickBooks Error 213?
The abrupt occurrence of Error Code 213 In QuickBooks, can lead to hindered workflow and need to be immediately resolved. Although fixing Error Code 213 in QB is not a big deal, you can follow the instructions given below and get rid of it. Ensure that every step is followed with utter care and attentiveness. To remove the error from the system, let’s dig deeper into the troubleshooting methods. While resolving the error if you come across any technical glitch that seems out of hand, then don’t panic and simply get in touch with experts.
Method 1: Open QB Log File in QuickBooks Desktop
To resolve the QuickBooks error code 213, it is necessary to open the QuickBooks Log file within the application. Follow the below-given steps for the proper execution of the process.
- In the first step, you need to run the QuickBooks software.
- Now, press the F2 key, to open the Product Information Window.
- In the next step, you need to hit the F3 key and open the Tech Help window.
- Further, select QBWin.log from the Open File tab.
- You can locate the QBWin.log file, for that go to the following path“C:\Users \USER NAME \AppData \Local \Intuit \QuickBooks \log \XXX\”.
- As soon as you find the QBWin.log file, open it by clicking twice.
- If the QB error 213 continues then you can move toward the next troubleshooting procedure.
Method 2: Rename Duplicate Entries In QBWin.log File
There are chances that duplicate entries in the QBWin.log file can trigger the issue. Here are a few instructions that can be used to fix the duplicacy to further remove the error.
- Open the log file, scroll down to the end or press CTRL + End keys on your keyboard.
- In the next step, press CTRL + F and type “duplicate”.
- Once you find the duplicate entry, you must rename it.
- In the final step, run the Verify Data utility to make sure that no duplicate entry is left.
Methods 3: Apply the patch file to fix QuickBooks Error 213
- In the first step login to your system as an administrator.
- Now, download the patch file.
- Ensure that you save the patch file to a location that is easily accessible and allows easy extraction of files.
- Make sure that the details that you have entered are correct and then extract the file by double-clicking on it.
- An automated notification will appear on the screen if the file closes without any issue.
- Further, you need to run the program to resolve the issue. To fix the issue you must run the program. Recheck if the Click on it QuickBooks Error 213 has been resolved or not. If not, then follow the next method.
Method 4: Reinstall the windows
If you are Re-install the windows then it is suggested to backup from HDD because uninstalling the window can erase all the data from the local drive and return the changes to the initial state.
- Begin by Clicking on the Start button
- Now go to Settings followed by Update & security
- Now click on Recovery
- Finally, go to ‘Reset this PC’ and select ‘Get started’ under
We hope that you are benefitted from our attempt to acquaint you with one of the most annoying QuickBooks errors. Go through the troubleshooting methods of QuickBooks Error 213, and follow them step by step for accurate execution. In case you get distressed at any moment, you need to immediately get in touch with the experts so that the right course of action is taken promptly. QB enterprise is just a call away with 24×7 assistance. All you need to do is call us on our toll-free number or connect through our official website.