Quickbooks accounting software helps all small and medium sized businesses in tracking their financial tasks. But at times, you may encounter several errors. Some of the Errors may occur while installing Quickbooks. One such error is Quickbooks Error code C=1304 which appears while installing or upgrading the software to the latest release. Occurrence of Quickbooks error Code 1304 hampers your performance while working on Quickbooks and also it affects several windows applications.
Content of the article:
- What is Quickbooks error 1304?
- What are the causes of Quickbooks error 1304?
- What are the symptoms of Quickbooks error 1304?
- How to resolve Quickbooks error 1304?
What is Quickbooks Error Code C=1304?
Quickbooks Error code C=1304 is usually seen when you try to install Quickbooks software using CD. To be specific, Quickbooks error 1304 is an installation error in Quickbooks. An error message will flash on the screen stating “Error writing to file [THBImg45r.dII].Verify that you have access to the directory. Quickbooks Error 1304 usually occurs due to the issues in the installation CD.
Read Our Other Blogs- What is Quickbooks Error C=212?
What can be the reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks Error 1304?
There can be several reasons for Quickbooks error 1304 to occur. Some of the main reasons are:
- Quickbooks installer might not be able to read the installation files from the CD which is used for installation.
- There might be some issue in the installation CD.
- Microsoft .NET framework can be damaged.
What are the symptoms of Quickbooks error 1304?
Let us see some general symptoms of Quickbooks Error code 1304:
- An error message will flash recklessly on your screen and the active window will crash.
- Installation process will get interrupted.
- Quickbooks might not be able to perform accounting operations.
- System might become lethargic and will not follow the input data.
How to fix Quickbooks Error code 1304?
Solution 1: Moving installation files, folder and set up to the local storage of your computer.
- The very first step is to insert the CD in your computer.
- Click on Quit when it asks for installation.
- Make a right click anywhere on the desktop.
- Move to the option of NEW and choose the folder from the list.
- Give the name ‘QBInstall’ to the folder.
- Then you need to make a double click on the CD drive in the windows file explorer.
- Choose all the files and press Ctrl+C to copy them.
- Reach to the folder which you created and open it and paste all the copied files here.
- After all the files have been moved, you have to locate and double click setup.exe file to proceed the process of installation.
Solution 2: Repairing damaged Microsoft .NET framework to fix Quickbooks error 1304
- For efficient installation of Quickbooks, some Microsoft components like MSXML, C++ and .NET framework are essential.
- Damage in these components can cause Quickbooks error 1304.
- You need to repair the Microsoft .NET framework.
Solution 3: Running Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- If the above mentioned troubleshooting does not fix Quickbooks error 1304, you can try to fix this error using Quickbooks file doctor tool.
- Download Quickbooks file doctor tool from intuit website and get it installed.
- Once it is installed, you need to run the Quickbooks file doctor tool, and it will fix the issues in the Quickbooks.
Solution 4: Scanning the system using a reimage repair tool.
- You can use a reimage repair tool for scanning, repairing and detecting the errors in the system.
- Download the reimage repair tool.
- Now, move to the file location and double click the file.
- Now, after the installation is done, move to the User account control prompt.
- Click Yes to continue.
- You will see the welcome screen .
- Now let the repair tool run the scan.
- Now click on install to begin with the installation process.
- Reimage will be installed.
- It will also begin with its preliminary scan.
- Once this is done, click on Start repair.
Hopefully the Quickbooks Error 1304 is fixed using the methods that are discussed above. If you are not able to fix Quickbooks error 1304, don’t panic!! Reach out to Quickbooks enterprise support at –1+888-485-0289 and our technical experts will help you in resolving Quickbooks error 1304.
Why does Quickbooks error 1304 occur?
Well, Quickbooks error 1304 is generally encountered due to some kind of problem in the CD drive or the CD might have got damaged or corrupted. Also, if there is any kind of damage in the Microsoft.NET components, it can lead to this error.
How can Quickbooks error 1304 be identified?
With the appearance of Quickbooks error 1304 in the Quickbooks, you will see an error message reading out for Error 1304. Moreover, your system will behave in a sluggish manner and will not respond to the commands from mouse and keyboard.
What can be done to get rid of Quickbooks error 1304?
Fixing Quickbooks error 1304 is easy. You can get it resolved by replacing the installation file from the CD. You must also repair the Microsoft .NET components that might be damaged.
Running reimage tool can also be of some help in fixing Quickbooks error 1304.