Quickbooks works efficiently and allows you to manage accounting and financial tasks. But it is not every time that Quickbooks run smoothly and at times you might get stuck, this may happen as Quickbooks may freeze or crash. Occurrence of this error is seen where software hangs and the system does not close even when you try to shut it down. It will generate new off-screen windows which are running in the background. All these factors can result in the occurrence of Quickbooks Desktop Freezing and Crashed Error.
What is QuickBooks Desktop Freezing and Crashed Error?
Quickbooks desktop freezes error hinders your working with the Quickbooks. It generates a few off screen windows which run in the background. QuickBooks desktop Crashed Error also risks the unsaved data.
Read Our Other blog: Simple Steps to Fix QuickBooks Unable to Send Invoices
When does QuickBooks desktop freezes Error occur?
Quickbooks freezes error occurs when you try to install Quickbooks desktop and the installer freezes for a few seconds. System may get stuck on the installing ABS PDF driver.
What are the causes for occurrence of Quickbooks Desktop Freezing and Crashed Error?
- Windows operating system may be out of date.
- User accounts might be enabled.
- Company name may be long.
- DDF and the user preferences files may be damaged.
- File might not allow the user to operate the windows.
- Windows operating system may be damaged or missing.
- Some applications may be running in the background.
- Hard Drive may be damaged.
- Quickbooks desktop installation may be damaged.
How can Quickbooks Desktop Freezing Error be repaired?
Solution 1: Using Quickbooks clean install tool
- First, download the Quickbooks tool hub from intuit website and save it.
- Now make a double click on Quickbookstoolhub.exe to install this program and once this program is installed, reach the Quickbooks tool hub.
- In Quickbooks tool hub, go to the option of Installation issues tab and select the option of Clean install tool.
- After you save it, open the QBCleaninstallutility.exe file and accept the license agreement.
- Go to the Quickbooks version and click on Continue.
- Click OK.
Read Our Other Blogs: Quickbooks Unable to Complete the Operation and Need to Restart Error
Quickbooks Desktop Freezing and Crashing Error Solution 2: Running Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Download QB install diagnostic tool and get it installed.
- Then, you need to close all the running programs.
- Once this is done, run the Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Once the tool repairs Quickbooks, reboot the system.
Solution 3: By changing the DAT and DDF files.
- Close the company files and then find the company directory.
- Rename the DAT to OldUserPRef.DAT and then delete the files which are having DDF extension.
- Now open the company and click the Confirm tab to save payments for the same directory.
- Now click on the print to get print successfully.