A list of all of the accounts of a user in QuickBooks is called ‘The chart of accounts. The software automatically keeps your account organized in a chart based on your business entities. This customized chart is very helpful at the time of filing taxes. Users can add as many accounts as they want to track.
The primary account types in a standard chart of accounts are:
- Asset accounts: It is an account that holds a record for purchases of tangible things like vehicles, buildings, tools and other assets used for business.
- Liability accounts: An account that records money that you owe but have not paid yet, for example loans, lines of credit, mortgages
- Income accounts: Normal day-to-day payments and transactions such as sales and collected revenues or income of rendered services.
- Expense accounts: Expenses or transactions that you have spent on normal business operations, such as office supplies, rent, advertisements.
How to set up a Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks
Step 1: Select the Lists
- Select the chart of accounts displayed on the screen .
Step 2: Click on the Account Button
- When you hit a click on the tab ‘Account menu option New’ will pop up on your system’s screen.
Step 3: Now, add New Account by selecting Account and then New
- QuickBooks will showcase the Add New Account window on the screen.
Step 4: Use the Account Type buttons
- There are various types of accounts that QuickBooks provide. Ranging from Fixed Asset, Expenses, Income, loan, Credit Card, equity, Accounts Payable, Other Income, Costs of Good Sold, Accounts Receivable, Other Assets, Long Term Liability, and many more.
- As you click on continue. A second add account will appear on the window screen. You must also note that the names of the accounts will be displayed in the financial statements. So, you must check the Account Name Box to give a distinctive name to the new account.
Step 5: Take a look at the Sub-account
- Whenever you select the sub-account of the check box, the user has to name the Parent account.
Step 6: Bank Account and currencies
- If you use a different currency and QuickBooks figures it out, it will keep suggesting customers, bank accounts and vendors etc who use different currencies.
Step7: Add description
No description is needed as such.
Step 8: Get detailed info about Account
- All the new cards can be easily stored, with the help of a credit card account type version of the Add New Account window.
Step 9: Recognize the Tax Line
- The cash account balances will be recorded on the corporation’s Tax return. To add a bank account, make use of the Tax-Line Mapping drop-down list.
Step 10: Save the New Account
- No finally, click on the Next tab to save the account information Once both accounts have been set up, the new accounts will appear on the chart of accounts list, as indicated below:
If you have understood, how to set up a Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks then you can manually do it for yourself without much struggle. In case you are facing technical issues during the setup, you can get in touch with our quickbooks enterprise support experts teams of QBS solutions for quick assistance. Connect with us via our official website or by giving us a call on our toll-free number.
- Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- How to Resolve Error OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks Manually at Home
- Perfect Way to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1117 and It’s Causes
- How to Fix Error Code 00000 XXXXX in QuickBooks
- Check out System Requirements for QuickBooks desktop 2022
- How to Fix Could Not Connect the Email Server in QuickBooks Error
- How to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub Error
- How to Resolve the QuickBooks Printing Error like a Pro!
- How to Fix the Error ‘QBDBMgrN is not running on this computer’
- Learn the steps to set up Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks
- Get Rid of QuickBooks Error Code 1625 with simple Troubleshooting Solutions
- Effective to QuickBooks Error 6143: Cause Symptoms and solutions to Resolve the Error
- Download Banking Transactions into the QuickBooks Desktop Error
- Simple Process to Reset Password for QuickBooks Admin and other Users
- Easy Remedial steps to Fix company file and network issues with QuickBooks File Doctor
- Simple 2 Steps to fix Quickbooks Error Code C=1304
- Quickbooks Unable to Complete the Operation and Need to Restart Error
- QuickBooks Desktop Freezing and Crashing Error
- How to fix QuickBooks Crash Com Error?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Abort Error Code
- Follow Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 3003
- How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 832?
- How to Fix QuickBooks Event Log Error 4?
- QuickBooks Cannot Communicate with the Company File Error
- Follow Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code H202