Despite being the most used accounting software and also despite being the most easy and convenient to use software, QuickBooks encounters several errors. Some of the errors arise due to update failure of the QuickBooks. One of such errors is QuickBooks Error Code 12038. QuickBooks error 12038 is usually encountered while updating the software and the reason for occurrence of QB error code 12038 is wrong date and time. Error 12038 in Quickbooks is a common update error.
In the article below, we will see:
- What is Quickbooks error code 12038?
- Causes for Quickbooks error code 12038.
- Ways to get rid of Quickbooks error 12038.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12038?
QuickBooks Error 12038 generally appears while updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. It appears with a message “Failed to download the update”. Issues in the installation of Quickbooks update causes error 12038 in Quickbooks.If you see any of the QuickBooks update errors, call QuickBooks enterprises support at +1-888-485-0289.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error Code 12038?
- These can be the main reasons which can cause Quickbooks error 12038:
- The date and time might be incorrect in your system.
- The internet connection settings may not be set correctly.
- Your system might be having more than one version of QuickBooks.
Things to keep in mind before proceeding to fix QBooks Error 12038:
You should first create a backup of your company file before you proceed to resolve Quickbooks Error 12038.
You can create a backup by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to your QuickBooks and reach the File menu.
- In the file menu, click the tab of ‘Backup company’ and then reach ‘Create local backup’.
- After this you need to follow the onscreen steps to create a backup of your company file.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks Error Code 12038?
To combat Error 12038, you can try the below mentioned troubleshooting:
Solution 1:checking date and time
- Go to the system clock and make a right click on this tab.
- Then click on Adjust Date/time.
- Now make required changes in the date and time by clicking the tab of ‘Change date and time’.
- You have to make a double click on OK.
- Reopen the QuickBooks after closing it once.
Solution 2: Checking your internet connection for fixing Quickbooks error 10238.
- To check the internet connection, open QuickBooks.
- Reach the tab of Internet connection setup from the Help menu.
- Now, you have to click on ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet’.
- From here, select the Next tab and then reach the Advanced Connection settings.
- From here you have to click on ‘Restore Advanced settings’.
- Now click OK and then click Done.
- You can now run the update process again.
- Read Our Other Error Blogs How to fix QuickBooks Update Error Code 12037
Solution 3: Checking firewall and application settings.
Sometimes Quickbooks error 10238 might arise when Quickbooks is blocked by firewall settings in the system. Restricted settings of firewalls can obstruct the smooth update process, thus you have to ensure that Port 80 and 443 are enabled in the firewall settings.
Also make sure to provide access to the below given files:
Solution 4: Multiple versions of Quickbooks.
Quickbooks error 12038 arises when your system is having more than one Quickbooks.
To fix this:
- Go to Quickbooks downloads and update page.
- Select the country.
- Choose products like Quickbooks pro etc.
- Select the version.
- Click Search.
- Move ahead to get the latest updates.
- Now, Follow the steps which you see on the screen to install Quickbooks latest release.
Thus, to fix Quickbooks error 12038, you must ensure that your system is having secure internet correction. Also, add Quickbooks to the firewall’s exception list.
With this we come to the end of this article!!!
Hopefully, the resolutions provided above have helped you in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 12038. But, if the error 12038 still persists and you are not able to fix it, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprises support number +1-888-485-0289.
- How to Manually Re-install QuickBooks on a New Computer
- Easy Methods to Set Up Class Tracking in QuickBooks
- How to Reactivate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Subscription
- Custom Email Template Issue in QuickBooks, How to Fix?
- 5 Easy Solutions to Fix Desktop Display Errors in QuickBooks
- Fix QuickBooks Error 40001 Manually Using Quick and Easy Solutions
- Process to Eliminate QuickBooks Error 213
- How to Install QuickBooks in Two Computers Easily
- How to Fix QuickBooks Won’t Open Error like a Pro!
- What is QuickBooks Payroll Update Error And how to get rid of it
- Efficient Process to install and set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Troubleshooting Methods for common QuickBooks Enterprise Errors
- QuickBooks Desktop Runtime Redistributable and its rectification
- What is the W2 form in QuickBooks Online Payroll
- Validation, License, and Registration errors in QuickBooks Desktop
- Features and Limitations of QuickBooks Mac Plus 2022
- What is QuickBooks Sales Tax Error And How to Resolve it?
- Incredible ways to get rid of QuickBooks Error Code 2501
- Quick Hacks to Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 50004
- Resolving QuickBooks Error 6209 Efficiently like a pro!
- Ways to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 7300
- How to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15222
- Troubleshooting Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 77
- How to Resolve Error OLSU 1024 in QuickBooks Manually at Home
1 thought on “QuickBooks Error Code 12038 Fix in Simple Steps”