Despite being the most used accounting software and also despite being the most easy and convenient to use software, QuickBooks encounters several errors. Some of the errors arise due to update failure of the QuickBooks. One of such errors is QuickBooks Error 12038. QuickBooks error 12038 is usually encountered while updating the software and the reason for occurrence of QB error code 12038 is wrong date and time.
What is QuickBooks Error 12038?
Error 12038 generally appears while updating QuickBooks desktop to the latest release. It appears with a message “Failed to download the update”. If you see any of the QuickBooks update errors, call QuickBooks enterprises support at +1-888-485-0289.
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error 12038?
- The date and time might be incorrect in your system.
- The internet connection settings may not be set correctly.
- Your system might be having more than one version of QuickBooks.
Things to keep in mind before proceeding to fix QBooks Error 12038:
You should first create a backup of your company file before you proceed to resolve QB Error 12038.
You can create a backup by following the below mentioned steps:
- Go to your QuickBooks and reach the File menu.
- In the file menu, click the tab of ‘Backup company’ and then reach ‘Create local backup’.
- After this you need to follow the onscreen steps to create a backup of your company file.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks error 12038?
To combat Error 12038, you can try the below mentioned troubleshooting:
Solution 1:checking date and time
- Go to the system clock and make a right click on this tab.
- Then click on Adjust Date/time.
- Now make required changes in the date and time by clicking the tab of ‘Change date and time’.
- You have to make a double click on OK.
- Reopen the QuickBooks after closing it once.
Solution 2: Checking your internet connection.
- To check the internet connection, open QuickBooks.
- Reach the tab of Internet connection setup from the Help menu.
- Now, you have to click on ‘Use my computer’s internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet’.
- From here, select the Next tab and then reach the Advanced Connection settings.
- From here you have to click on ‘Restore Advanced settings’.
- Now click OK and then click Done.
- You can now run the update process again.
Solution 3: Checking firewall and application settings.
Restricted settings of firewalls can obstruct the smooth update process, thus you have to ensure that Port 80 and 443 are enabled in the firewall settings. Also make sure to provide access to the below given files:
Hopefully, the resolutions provided above have helped you in fixing QuickBooks Error 12038. But, if the error 12038 still persists and you are not able to fix it, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprises support number +1-888-485-0289..