QuickBooks accounting software is mainly geared towards small and medium sized businesses and entrepreneurs or individuals to help them in their accounting and financial tasks. QuickBooks allows you to accept payments, manage and pay bills etc. However at times QuickBooks may also face some issues and it may encounter several errors. QuickBooks Error 361 is one of the errors which is encountered by QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error 361?
QuickBooks error 361 usually happens when you are on online sessions of QuickBooks. QB error 361 may also encounter when you try to download the transaction from the bank.
Read other blogs- How to Fix QuickBooks Event Log Error 4?
Symptoms of QB Error 361:
- System may crash regularly.
- Error 361 may crash the active program.
- Some other program may delete the QuickBooks file unknowingly.
What triggers QuickBooks Error 361?
- QuickBooks installation might not be complete.
- Windows registry may have gotten corrupted due to recent changes in Quickbooks.
- Malware infection may have corrupted the window system files.
- Some of the other programs have accidentally delivered Quickbooks related files.
What can be done to fix QuickBooks Error 361?
Solution 1:By repairing the registry entries.
- You need to click on the start button and in the search box, enter Command.
- Now, press Ctrl+shift+enter and a dialog will appear on the screen.
- In the dialog box type regedit.
- From the list that appears, click on Error 361-connected key in the registry editor.
- From the file menu, select Export and select the folder to save the fbackup folder.
- Click on Save with the extension of the file as .reg
Solution 2: Cleaning the system junk.
- In the search box which appears, you need to type ‘command’.
- Press Ctrl+shift and then enter.
- Click Yes on the dialog box which opens.
- And, type cleanmgr in the box which has opened.
- A disk cleanup dialogue box will pop up.
- Select all the checkboxes which need to be deleted.
Read other blogs- How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 3140?
Solution 3: Running windows system file checker.
- After entering the word ‘Command’ in the search box, hold ctrl+shift+enter.
- On the dialogue box which opens, click on yes.
- In the box which pops up, you have to enter sfc/scannow.
- This system file checker will search for Error number 362 and other system file issues.
- Follow the onscreen steps to finish this process.
Solution 4: carrying full malware scan of PC.
- QuickBooks Error 361 would have arised due to spyware and malware attack on your system. These attacks can result in deletion or corruption of run time error related files.
- So, it is recommended to conduct a full malware scan of your system.
Solution 5: Installing all window updates.
- Press the window key on your keyboard and type update in the dialogue box that opens.
- A windows update dialogue box will pop up.
- If you see any available updates, click on install updates.
Hopefully QuickBooks error 361 is now fixed!!! If you are facing any issues in resolving QB Error 361, reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289, our technical experts will help you in resolving QB error 361.