QuickBooks is a cutting edge software over all other accounting software. QuickBooks has significantly marked its presence in the accounting software. QuickBooks allows its users to reap benefits of its features like advanced inventory, flexibility to scale up and many other tools. But at times this tool may encounter several errors like QuickBooks error code 3140.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
QuickBooks error 3140 may pop up throughout the installation. You may also see this error while using QuickBooks software application or when you conduct windows OS. You might see an error message –
- “Status code 3140: The specified account is invalid or of the wrong type’.
- Status code 3140: There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks AR/AP Account.
- Status code 3140: There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Account ‘#######-########’ in the item Non-inventory. QuickBooks error message: The expense account is invalid’.
QuickBooks Error 3140 is a point of sale error that is usually seen when an active window crashes down. With occurrence of QB Error 3140, the windows function in a very weird way.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 3140:
- The Quickbooks installation is inadequate.
- Quickbooks software is corrupted.
- There might be a virus infection in the system.
- Quickbooks file may have gotten deleted unknowingly.
- There might be a corruption in the windows registry.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 3140:
- Dynamic program window may crash and show the error message.
- You might see this error message when you access the same program.
- Quickbooks may freeze at times.
- Windows may respond slowly to the mouse and keyboard.
What are the ways to QuickBooks Error Code 3140?
Solution 1: Cleaning the system junk files.
- To fix Quickbooks error 3140, you need to clean the system junk files. For this:
- Go to the start button and on the keyboard type ‘cmd’.
- Next step is to press Ctrl+shift and a dialog box will pop up, click Yes.
- A black window will open, type ‘cleanmgr’ in the window.
- A disk cleanup box will open, check mark the boxes which are needed to be removed and click OK.
QuickBooks Error Code 3140 Solution 2: Installing the latest system updates.
- Reach the start tab and type ‘update’ in the search box and enter.
- A dialog box will open and click on install updates.
Solution 3: Updating system drivers.
- First, you have to go to the settings tab and choose the option of update and security option.
- Herein chose the option of windows update and then click on check for updates.
- A new driver will download and install in the system on its own.
Solution 4: By creating a backup of the QuickBooks registry entry.
- Go to the start tab and in the search box type command option and press enter.
- Press ctrl+shift+enter.
- Click Yes and a black box with blinking cursor will appear, you need to type ‘regedit’, press Enter.
- In the registry editor, search for the error related key.
- Now go to the export option and name the backup file.
- Make sure to select the Branch option in the export range.
- Save it with .reg file extension.
- Create a Backup of the registry entry.