QuickBooks is used by numerous businesses for all of their accounting tasks. But occasionally QuickBooks may encounter several errors. H series Error are one of them, some of these errors are : Error H101, H202, H303 and H505. H series errors are generally encountered when the company files require some additional configurations and these errors are usually encountered in multi user mode. QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505 generally appears when you try to access the company file from one computer to another.
What are QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505?
While using multi user mode of QuickBooks, QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505 are normal to happen and are usually encountered when company files are tried to move from one computer to another.
What are the causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505?
- QuickBooks server might not be opening.
- Hosting configuration settings are not aligned correctly.
- Firewall ports of QuickBooks are not set up properly.
- Server might be having damaged QuickBooks installation.
- QuickBooks might not be able to communicate with the server.
Symptoms of QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505:
- The active windows may crash abruptly.
- While running the same program the system may crash repeatedly.
- You might see an error screen on your screen.
Ways to resolve QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505:
Way 1: Downloading and installing QuickBooks file doctor tool.
Step 1: Making sure that QuickBooks is installed on the server so as to use QuickBooks multi user mode.
Step 2: Now get the Quickbooks file doctor tool downloaded and installed.
Go to the file menu and click Quickbooks file doctor icon.
Step 3: Now find out the Quickbooks company file on the server locally.
- Choose the icon- Check your network and click on Continue to proceed further.
- Select the Server icon on the host system.
- Click on Yes when you see the notification of sharing the folder.
Way 2: by verifying the hosting
- Go to the Utilities tab of each and every computer except the host and select the tab of Stop hosting multi-user access.
- File must be closed in the company.
- Run QuickBooks services like QuickbooksDBXX and QBCFMonitorService in multi-user mode on the server computer.
- Click window+R and run box will appear, type service.msc here.
- **If you do not see the QuickBooksDBXX service, then you need to confirm that QBDSM is installed using the Database server manager.
- In the search bar, find QuickBooksDBXX and select it.
- You need to make sure that startup type is set to automatic and service status should be running or started.
- Now choose the recovery tab and save the changes.
- Repeat these steps for QBCFMonitorService.
- Finally click on Restart the service tab.
Way 3: Creating a new folder for the company file.
- The very first step is to create a new folder and share it with the hosting computer.
- Next , choose ‘Set your windows’ to get the entry permissions so as to share your company file.
- You need to copy the .qbw file to the new folder and open the company file in the multi-user mode.
Way 4: Opening the network ports of QuickBooks
- You need to get the AVG program uninstalled so as to modify the windows defender.
- Now, reach the windows firewall settings.
- Then, make a right click on Outbound rules and choose the tab of New Rule.
- Now, opt for Ports and then click Next.
- Now choose the option of TCP and specific local ports.
- After clicking next, you need to follow the same steps for Inbound rules.
Way 5: Downloading QuickBooks Database server manager
If Quickbooks is not hosted on the network, then you have to install Quickbooks database server manager as this tool will create a connection between the server and all the connected workstations.
Way 6: Pinging the server.
- In the system which is facing the error, open the run window and type CMD in the text field.
- Then you need to ping the server from the workstation.
- You have to type Ping[server name], and enter.
- This step should be followed by all the systems which are facing issues.
I believe QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505 is now fixed. If you are still facing any issue, you can contact QuickBooks enterprise support at 1888-485-0289 and our team of experts will help you in fixing QuickBooks H series Error H101, H202, H303 and H505.