QuickBooks may encounter several issues and errors because of the restriction from the third-party firewall on its processes. And when these errors occur, they may also prevent QuickBooks from opening company files. In this article we will tell you about an issue known as ‘QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file’.
What is QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file error?
Error – QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file usually occurs when a third party firewall does not allow access to Quickbooks. You might see an error message- It appears that Quickbooks software is set up to allow shared access to the company file, but the Quickbooks on your computer is unable to communicate with it.
And this communication problem can arise due to firewall issues.
What can be the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks unable to communicate with company files -Error?
- There may be fault with the server configuration or the server may be facing the connectivity issues with other workstations.
- Database server manager must be connected to the company file, if it is not connected then there can be connectivity errors.
- QuickBooks applications can be outdated.
- Improper folder permissions may not be allowing the company file folder to share the company file.
- The server hosting may be incorrect.
- QBDBMgrNservice might not be running in the background.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks unable to communicate with the company file issue?
Solution 1: Setup windows firewall
- In the control panel , go to the tab of system and security.
- And herein, reach the tab of Windows firewall.
- Go to the tab of advanced settings and then on Outbound rules.
- Here, select the tab of ‘Specific local port’.
Solution 2: Creating Quickbooks .ND file.
- Go to the start button and in the search box enter the Quickbooks database server manager in the search programs and file.
- When you find Quickbooks database server manager, click on it.
- Here go to the option of Add folder and search for the company file and then select the folder and get it scanned.
- Once the scan is complete, go to the company file folder and see if the folder is having Network Data (.ND) file.
Solution 3: Stop hosting multi user access on every computer.
- You need to turn off the hosting on every computer, only one on which you have to host the company file, should be on.
- Now open QuickBooks desktop and then reach to Utilities in the file tab.
- Reach to the option of Stop hosting multi user access.
Solution 4: Verifying QBDMBMgrN.exe process is running.
Press Ctrl+Alt+del keys together to open the task manager.
Under the processes tab, find the QBDBMgrN.exe file.
If you don’t find this process, then assign Administrative rights to QBDataserviceUser and then restart the QBDMgrN.exe process.
This troubleshooting would have definitely helped you fix QuickBooks unable to communicate with the company file error. If you are still not able to fix the issue, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289. Our team of technical experts will help you to fix ‘QuickBooks cannot communicate with the company file’ issue.