As far as accounting software is considered, QuickBooks is the most widely used accounting software for small and medium sized businesses. This application is widely used for managing payroll, transactions, bookkeeping management etc. But at times, there may be certain errors which are encountered by QuickBooks. QuickBooks Error H202 is one of the most frequently occurring errors of QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks Error H202?
Quickbooks error code 202 is mainly associated with multi-user mode. Quickbooks error 202 pops up with the message- ‘You are trying to with a company file that is located on another computer and the copy of Quickbooks cannot reach the server of the computer’.
Read our other blogs- How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 5502
What are the causes of QuickBooks Error H202?
- It happens when you try to access a company file which might be located on another computer.
- Host settings might be mis-configured.
- Firewall may be blocking the exchange of the data between Quickbooks and server.
- DNS settings might not be configured properly.
- Host or server IP address may not be available.
- .ND file might be damaged or corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error H202:
- Quickbooks might be freezing.
- Computers might become inactive.
- Users might not be able to use multi-user mode.
How can you fix QuickBooks Error H202?
Solution 1: Checking network connectivity.
Turn off the hosting on all the workstations.
Select your server name from the workstation.
Enter the name of your server and then enter.
Solution 2: Server to be added to the host file
- On your computer, go to the windows host file where error is
- -C:\windows\system32\Drivers\Etc\) in the notepad.
- Open the notepad as an admin, if needed.
- After the last IP address, you have to keep the insertion point and then write down the server’s IP address.
- Reach to the TAB key and then write the server name.
- Now from the file menu, choose the save option and go to the Exit button.
- Now, you need to open the company file.
Solution 3: Accessing Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool.
- Download and get the Quickbooks connection diagnostic tool and get it installed.
- Check for the folder in which the file is located.
- You have to write down the IP address and also the network interfaces.
- You have to check for the firewall status section has an open ports button and then allow the ports for Quickbooks.
- Now you have to check for data connectivity.
- Now try to open the company file.
Solution 4: Making a new folder for your company file.
- On the hosting computer, you have to make a new folder.
- Share this folder and then setup, once the setup is done windows will ask for permissions to share the company file.
- Copy the Quickbooks database file to a new folder and then try opening the company file in the multi-user mode.
Read our other blogs- How to QuickBooks Error 392 be fixed?
Solution 5: Resolving the hosting to local files.
- After opening the Quickbooks, click on F2 and it will open the product information.
- From the bottom left, below the local server info, select hosting to reflect the local files only.
Solution 6 : Removing and recreating the .ND file.
- Type .ND in the windows search and then click enter.
- In the results, make a right click on the .ND file and then click on Delete.
- Once the delete is complete, now reach to the windows start button and choose ‘All programs’.
- Herein, select the tab of Quickbooks and then reach Quickbooks data server manager.
- Now you have to click on the Scan folder option.
- Once this is done, click on the option of Add folder and then search for the company file folder.
- Select the company file and click on Start scan.
- Once the process of scan is complete, click Close.
I hope QuickBooks Error H202 is now fixed! If the QuickBooks Error H202 is still existing, you don’t have to worry. Reach out to QuickBooks Enterprise Support at +1-888-485-0289 and our team of experts will help you in resolving QuickBooks Error 202.