QuickBooks is the most used accounting software by businesses and entrepreneurs. It helps in performing all the finance and account related tasks. But Errors are an inevitable part of QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks error code 5502 which occurs usually when your system account is not completely synchronized.
In this article, we cover:
- What is QuickBooks error code 5502?
- What causes QuickBooks error 5502?
- What are the ways to fix QuickBooks error 5502?
What is QuickBooks Error Code 5502?
QuickBooks Error 5502 happens when the system account is not synchronized. Occurrence of this Error 5502 is recognized by occurrence of the message – “QuickBooks data has been uploaded, but failed to connect with the server’.Thus Quickbooks error code 5502 is likely to happen when the Quickbooks fails to connect to the server.
What causes QuickBooks Error Code 5502?
Quickbooks error 5502 can arise due to one of the following reasons:
- If any third party application is connected with the QuickBooks.
- It may have happened due to various matter grasp services which are available online.
- If QuickBooks is connected to any third party developer application.
- A company file augmentation may have changed.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code 5502?
For fixing Quickbooks error 5502, try the methods mentioned below:
Solution 1: By creating a new folder and copying a company file.
- First, you have to create and open a New folder and then you have to copy the company file into this created folder.
- You need to rename it and then try to change the extension of this as QBM and save it.
- Now, open the QuickBooks and then restore all portable files.
- You can rename the extension of the file if it is not opening.
- Then you have to restore all the backups.
- If the file cannot be opened again with the extension .qbx and then rename it.
Solution 2: Renaming the QuickBooks .nd file to fix Quickbooks error 5502
- Open the folder in which you have stored the company file.
- Make a right click on .nd file and then go to the rename option.
- At the end of the file, you have to write .OLD extensions and then rename it.
Solution 3: Running Quickbooks database server manager
- You need to rescan your file using QuickBooks database server manager.
- To perform this step on the server in which you have opened the company file over network:
- Click on the windows key and reach the ‘QuickBooks database server manager.
- Select the file or a folder where you have stored the company file.
- Click OK and then click on scan.
Solution 4: Reinstalling Quickbooks application.
- Open the control panel.
- Go to programs and features options.
- Reach the uninstall option.
- From the list of programs, select Quickbooks.
- Now, in the wizard window, click on uninstall.
- Next, you need to rename the installation folder.
- Finally, you must download and install Quickbooks.
Once the scan is complete, you can try reopening the file and test it once.
These troubleshooting steps would have definitely helped you to fix QuickBooks Error Code 5502. If the Quickbooks Error 5502 still exists or the sync manager is not functioning properly. In this case, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprises support at +1-888-485-0289.