QuickBooks comes with great features which makes it quite popular amongst the accounting community. Printing, emailing and saving files as PDF is one of the most used features of QuickBooks. But sometimes, QuickBooks is unable to create PDF. Occurrence of the issue- QuickBooks unable to create PDF will not let you create pdf of your files.
What are the causes of ‘QuickBooks cannot create PDF’ issue?
Some of the reasons for occurrence of QuickBooks unable to create PDF issue are:
- The PDF file component might be missing.
- There must be pdf converter installation errors like Error 1722 and 1801.
- The QuickBooks PDF converter activation may be having some errors.
- PDF converter may have gone offline.
- QuickBooks might not be able to save the form as PDF.
- Print driver host may have stopped working.
- The device might not be ready.
- There can be some connectivity issues with the printer.
- Occurence of unrecoverable error.
- QuickBooks might have freezed due to reconciling accounts.
- QuickBooks might not be responding.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks unable to create PDF issues?
Method 1: By using Print and PDF repair tool.
First of all, ensure that QuickBooks software has been updated to the latest release.
Next step is to download the print and PDF repair tool from intuit website
Once the download and installation of QuickBooks repair tool, you have to run this tool.
Method 2: Checking if the reconcile window is appearing off of the screen.
- Sometimes selecting the reconcile from the banking menu locks up the QuickBooks, but if there is no issue with the PDF functions then it may be happening that reconcile windows is appearing off of the screen, you can simply follow these steps:
- In the list in the window menu, check if the reconcile windows is listed.
- Now select Close All.
- Now you have to select the reconcile process again.
Method 3: Testing, reinstalling and adjusting windows user permissions for MS XPS Document writer.
1.Testing Microsoft XPS Document writer.
- Open the file menu and choose the option of print.
- Now select MS XPS Document writer as the printer.
- Now, you have to print and save the .xpsfile to the desktop.
- Now search the .xpsfile on the desktop.
2. Reinstalling Microsoft XPS document writer.
First make sure that both XPS services and XPS viewer are enabled.
And then proceed further to install MS XPS document writer.
3. Adjusting windows user permissions for Microsoft XPS Document writer.
- First open the printers in the control panel.
- Now, you have to open the printer properties for MS XPS document writers.
- Under the security tab, choose Everyone user group.
- In the allow column, choose the option of Print and you have to place a checkmark in that row.
- Now you have to reach the ‘c:\Windows\system32\spool and then select the printer tab and then go to security under Properties.
- Now select the Edit option and then add type Local service.
- Make sure to provide full control to the local service and then select Ok.
- Now you have to check for QuickBooks unable to create PDF.
These solutions would have definitely helped you in fixing the issue- QuickBooks unable to create PDF. But if the issue is still bothering you, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289