Almost every sector in the world is undergoing technical transformation. So is the case with the accounting activities. QuickBooks is one of the most widely used accounting software. QuickBooks has helped its users in creating invoices, generating reports etc. QuickBooks can be used in multi-user mode which helps you in experiencing a seamless service. QuickBooks has changed the outlook and way of performing business accounting tasks. Despite all these advancement and regular updates, you may encounter several issues and glitches in QuickBooks. One such error is QuickBooks Error 80070057.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057?
QuickBooks Error 80070057 appears with a message on the screen, which is as “80070057:The parameter is incorrect when the user tries to open a company file.
What does that mean? It simply means that the user is not having sufficient permission to delete the data from any folder. Since, to have access to a company file, it is mandatory that the user have read/write and create /remove rights. You don’t have to worry whenever you see QuickBooks Error 80070057. Error 80070057 is usually encountered while launching the company file.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 80070057?
- The most common reason for occurrence of QuickBooks error 80070057 is when you try to open the company file by making a double click on it instead of opening it from the QuickBooks folder.
- The extension of Quickbooks company file might have been changed or modified.
- Firewall configuration might not be updated in the QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks version might be damaged.
- You might be trying to open a portable company file.
- QuickBooks company file might have the wrong extensions.
- You might be working on a file which is located in the USB flash drive.
- Bitdefender may be barricading the exotic ports.
- Network data (.ND) would be damaged.
- Firewall and internet security settings might not be correct.
Symptoms of QuickBooks error code 80070057:
- A message indicating the error 80070057 might appear on the screen.
- Crash of the active window.
- System may tend to freeze.
- Any running program may crash with the appearance of the error.
- You might not be having permissions to delete the company file.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks Error 80070057?
Some of the methods to fix Quickbooks Error 80070057 are:
- By opening the company file correctly.
- Just open the QuickBooks desktop and select the company file.
- Click open and it will open your company file.
- Installing a fresh copy of Network data (.ND)
- First you have to sign out of all the users and then you need to close QuickBooks on all computers.
- Now, you have to login as windows administrator and then browse the company folder.
- Next step is to search for .nd which is linked to a company file which is having problems.
- Once you find the file, you have to rename or delete it.
- The network data file of QuickBooks will capture a new network setting to check accessibility on the workstations.
- By opening QBDBM on the server and then re-scan the company file folder.
- In the search bar type QuickBooks database server manager and then click on its icon to open it.
- If the company file is already listed, then select the scan option and then click on ‘Add folder’.
- Next step is to browse to the folder location and then choose the folder and proceed further to scan.
- Scanning would reconfigure the QuickBooks file sharing permissions and will make it accessible to all the quickbooks workstations and also it will report the errors regarding the firewall and internet security settings.
- Now, you need to open the file from the server and then in the computer which shows an error.
- By using QuickBooks file doctor tool
- To fix QuickBooks error 80070057, you can download and run the QuickBooks file doctor tool. QuickBooks error 80070057 can be rectified by this tool. For this,
- Download the QuickBooks tool hub and then save it on the desktop.
- Now, go to this icon and click on it and then install it by following the onscreen steps.
- Next, you need to agree to the term and conditions.
- After the installation is complete, move ahead by clicking on the tab of Run QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Now select the file which is having issues, check with the file option and click on continue.
- Click Next after entering the Admin password.
- Configuring the bitdefender
- Navigate to the bitdefender 10.0 main menu and then select the option of Antivirus.
- Select the tab of custom level.
- Now choose ‘Exclude path’ from the scan.
- Select the New tab.
- Finally, you have to choose the mapped drive or UNC path which is used to browse the company file.
I believe that you are now able to fix QuickBooks error 80070057 by following the above mentioned troubleshooting. But, if you are still facing any issue, you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289 and our team of experts will help you to resolve QuickBooks error 80070057.