Quickbooks has helped millions of small and medium sized businesses. Although Quickbooks is a robust software, there are situations which can result in occurrence of several errors. QuickBooks Error Code 1311 is one such error. Quickbooks error 1311 appears while updating Quickbooks or when you export a report from some financial statement designer to Excel.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1311?
When Quickbooks Error 1311 occurs, the system may ask the user to retry, cancel or verify before proceeding. Quickbooks error occurs while trying to export a report to excel from some financial statement designer.
Read Our Other Blogs- What is a Quickbooks Clean install tool?
What are the reasons for the occurrence of Quickbooks Error code 1311?
- Microsoft office may be damaged or corrupted.
- CD being used for installation can be corrupted.
- The Microsoft office version may not be compatible with the Quickbooks.
- There can be some problems with CD-ROM drives.
Troubleshooting Steps to fix Quickbooks Error Code 1311:
Quickbooks Error Code 1311 Solution 1: By copying files to the hard drive and then installing it.
- Insert the Quickbooks CD into CD-ROM and click on Quit to stop the installation process.
- Make a right click on the start tap of the window and make a click on Explore.
- You have to create a folder in the desktop and then browse Quickbooks CD-ROM and click on explore.
- You need to find QBooks and other party folders and then click on setup.exe
- Press Ctrl key and then press file and folder to copy the files.
- You have to paste the copied files in the new folder.
- From the new folder, go to the option of Setup.exe and then start the installation process.
Read Our Other Blogs- What is QuickBooks Error Code 6073?
Solution 2: By checking the compatibility of Microsoft office.
- Reach the control panel and make double click on Remove or add programs.
- Choose the option of Microsoft office in order to make the modification.
- The version of Microsoft office needs to be 2000 or later and if it is not, then you have to make changes or repair as per the instructions.
QuickBooks Error Code 1311 Solution 3: By restricting access to CD-ROM.
- Reach the start button and then to the settings tab.
- In the control panel, tap on the Administrative tool.
- Choose the option of ‘Local Security policy and Expand Local Policy folder’ option.
- You have to select options for security and click on any of the security options.
Solution 4: Performing scan and installation.
- Open all programs from the start windows.
- Right click on Command prompt and select Run as administrator tab.
- You have to type FSC/SCANNOW in the command prompt which opens.
- After the process of scan is complete, you need to type msiexec/unreign in the command prompt.
- Once done, again type msiexec/regserver in the command prompt and finally you have to visit the creative suite product installation.