Quickbooks has some dynamic features that make your accounting work smooth and convenient. For instance Quickbooks offers payroll services. But at times you may encounter some payroll errors, like Quickbooks error 15212. QuickBooks Error Code 15212 is encountered when you download payroll updates. It may also occur while downloading the updates for Quickbooks. Occurrence of Quickbooks error 15212 is symbolized by the error message: “The Quickbooks update did not complete successfully”or “Payroll update is not successful”.
What are the most prominent reasons for occurence of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15212?
- When the downloaded location for the updates is mapped to the drive which is not available.
- Shared downloads might be switched off.
- Data file is tired to open from a non-mapped location.
- Insufficient disk space.
Read Our Other Blogs- What can be done to resolve QuickBooks Error Code C=88 ?
Ensure the following things before fixing QuickBooks Payroll Error 15212:
- The payroll services should have an active subscription.
- Not more than one Quickbooks version is installed on your system.
- Firewall is not restricting Quickbooks.
How can be QuickBooks Error Code 15212 fixed?
Method 1: Manually downloading the latest updates.
- In the Quickbooks’ help menu, choose the option of Update Quickbooks.
- Click on options.
- Make a click on No when it asks for shared downloads.
- Click save and then proceed to close.
- Now download the updates.
Method 2: Downloading updates in the safe mode.
- Quickbooks error 15212 may appear when there is an interference in the installation process of updates for Quickbooks by some third party applications.
- In this case you should try to download the updates in windows safe mode.
- This will prevent all types of hindernace from the third party applications.
Read More: What are the various ways to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 15101?
Method 3: Uninstalling and installing the software.
- In the control panel, choose the option of programs and features.
- Now you have to go to the icon of Quickbooks.
- Proceed to uninstall the Quickbooks.
- Once you see that Quickbooks is uninstalled, you need to reinstall Quickbooks in the safe mode.
- Once installation is complete, you can switch to normal mode.
If you need more help in resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15212, you can reach out to Quickbooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289
2 thoughts on “Simple Steps to fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15212”