Quickbooks accounting software is instrumental in all the accounting and financial tasks associated with small and medium sized businesses and entrepreneurs. But Quickbooks might encounter errors like QuickBooks Banking Error Code 102 which happens due to some technical issues in the Quickbooks. Quickbooks error 102 might also be seen when there in some maintenance work going on.
What is QuickBooks Banking Error Code 102?
QuickBooks Banking error 102 is an error from the bank end and it arises when there is some problem from your bank’s end. The bank website under maintenance can result in Quickbooks error 102.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Banking Error Code 102?
- Maintenance work at the bank’ end.
- Technical issues.
- Problem while transferring the date between bank website and quickbooks.
How to fix QuickBooks Banking Error Code 102?
Solution 1: By account updates in QBO.
- Open the Quickbooks online.
- Reach the update button.
- Find Automatic and manual updates tab.
- You need to run three manual updates during the non-peak hours.
Automatic Updates: Automatic updates of your online bank account starts at around 3AM pacific time. If, in case Quickbooks online server does not obtain update info for a particular account, it will reattempt 5 times in the next five hours.
You can always send new info on the growth every other day. Auto updates cannot be switched off or on.
Manual Updates: Some accounts need manual updates and it will be notified to you in the connection interview. If today’s information is not seen , then there is a need to update manually.
- Reach the banking
- Proceed to select Clear unwanted.
- Click on update now.
- If it asks you to enter MFA, enter the multi-factor authentication and click continue.
Solution 2: Correcting account details.
- Login to the bank’s account URL.
- If you are not able to login, reach the menu and choose the banking option.
- If you are linking the bank for the first time, then reach the search option and find your bank’s name.
- Click Add account.
- Find the name of your bank.
- Choose the bank from the list.
- Enter the User ID and password.
- Click on Continue.
- Proceed to perform added security verification steps, if needed.
- Select Connect.
- From the left of your account, choose the bank symbol.
- Choose the bank type or credit card account.
- 90 days transaction will be downloaded.
- Click Connect.
- After download is over, you will be redirected to the banking page.
- You can review the transaction in the review tab.
Solution 3:Waiting for bank action
If Quickbooks error has happened due to issues from the bank end, then it is recommended to wait till the bank takes action.
Hopefully, QuickBooks Banking Error Code 102 is now fixed!! If you are still stuck on Quickbooks error 102, reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at 1-888-485-0289.