Intuit launches the updates and upgrades regularly for Quickbooks accounting software. While installing Quickbooks, it is very likely that you may encounter certain errors. For instance, you might see Quickbooks error 1642.QuickBooks Error Code 1642 is a point of sale (POS) error. Quickbooks error 1642 might occur due to faults in the Microsoft windows components like .NET framework or when required installation files are missing.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 1642?
- Virus attacks might be affecting the windows.
- Downloading files might be corrupted.
- Corrupted Microsoft Windows installer.
- Permission issues in installing Quickbooks.
- Computer files might have got locked.
How can QuickBooks Error Code 1642 be resolved?
Method 1: Running QBInstalltool.
- The foremost step is to download and install QBinstalltool.exe.
- You need to apply and save the modifications on this file.
- To run the QBinstall tool, make a double click on it.
- Let QBinstall diagnostic tool fix the installation issues.
Method 2: Repairing MSXML 4.0
- You need to choose the type of installation and then select the CD or folder for the purpose of installation.
- After this, you need to stop the installation process by pressing Alt+F4.
- Now type msiexec.exe/fvaum “D:Quickbooksmsxml.msi ” in the search bar which you can open by pressing the start key.
Method 3: Updating windows.
- From the update and security section in the settings tab, check for the updates.
- Get the available updates downloaded and installed in your system.
Method 4: Repairing Microsoft .NET framework.
- You must close all the programs and then reach the control panel.
- Herein select Microsoft under the programs and features tab.
- Make a click on Change/Uninstall/Repair.
- Click Next.
- Repair will be performed by the wizard and once the repair is done you need to restart the system.
For more help in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 1642, you can reach out to Quickbooks enterprise support at 1-888-485-0289.