Quickbooks accounting software which is being used by small and medium sized businesses may sometimes encounter certain errors like Quickbooks error 1920. QuickBooks Error Code 1920 appears with a message stating Quickbooks database manager service failed to start. Error 1920 appears when Quickbooks database manager server is not able to access a hard drive.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 1920 ?
- Operating system of the system might be malfunctioning.
- Quickbooks installation failed.
- Virus attack.
- Power failure.
- Improper shutdown of the system.
- Deletion of windows registry.
What can be done to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1920 ?
Method 1: Updating windows.
- If your system is equipped with security software then you must proceed to remove it.
- You must turn off the firewall.
- No multiple programs must be running on your computer.
- If Quickbooks is already working with the security then you must update the security.
Method 2: Changing the name of Quickbooks desktop.
- For changing the name of the Quickbooks desktop you must use windows explorer.
- You can locate and rename the respective folder locations which are listed for the version of the windows.
- By pressing F2 key you can open the product information.
- Proceed to note down the location of the company file from the file information.
- To move to the company file location you need to click on windows start and move to file explorer and then make a right click on the file and proceed to rename the file by going to select rename option.
- Now you must rename the company file and click enter.
Method 3: Setting up Quickbooks desktop.
- Open Quickbooks.
- Reach the Quickbooks file menu and then you have to make a click on the open or restore option.
- Click Next.
- Next, click open.