QBwin.log:Lvl_error usually happens when you use an invalid customer ID while setting up accounts with online services like bank feeds. QBwin.log:Lvl_error is caused by the log files of the log files of Quickbooks. QBwin.log:Lvl_error comes up with the message – “LVL_ERROR – Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number -.Record=XXX”.
Types of QBwin.log:Lvl_error:
- log: Orphan payee found in Online cache
- log: Verify Target: Invalid Open Balance
- LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify item history Target quantity on order mismatch error
- LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number&> Record = XXX.
- log: Verify list. Duplicate name encountered
- LVL_SEVERE_ERROR-GetDecryptedCreditCardNumber Failed: The decryption has failed. CHECKPOINT: Failed to decrypt customer credit card number. Customer ID: nnnn.
- log: LVL_ERROR-error: Verify Account List Item: View out of sequence
- log: LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Online Account Information: Invalid Customer ID number
- LVL_ERROR-Error: Verify Item History: Build txn target bad pending state. Item = nnnnn
How to resolve Quickbooks QBwin.log:Lvl_error?
- Select Company tab.
- Open Chart of Accounts.
- Reach the bank account.
- Select Edit Account option.
- Reach the Settings tab.
- Find the bank feed option.
- Make changes in the customer ID.
- Move out of the screen.
- Run the similar data utility to check if the changes have been made.
Solution 2: Verifying Online bank information.
- Reach the list menu.
- Select chart of accounts.
- Right click on the account if you see the error.
- Reach the edit option.
- Reach the bank feed settings.
- The setup Customer ID should match the correct ID.
- Save the changes by clicking on save and close tab.
Things to remember:
- Extra space, special character, dash in the customer ID can result in the QBwin.log:Lvl_error.
- Customer ID might have alphanumeric characters.
- Account might be locked due to unsuccessful attempts.
- Solution 3: Restoring Backup.
- You must always create a backup of the Quickbooks company file.
- Reach the company file.
- And use the backup of the company file to restore the account.s
Solution 4: Using Auto Data Recovery tool
- Download the auto recovery tool.
- Get the tool installed,
- Use the auto recovery tool.
Hopefully performing the above given solutions would have helped you to resolve QBwin.log:Lvl_error. If you still face any issues to fix QBwin.log:Lvl_error, reach out to Quickbooks enterprise support at 1.888.485.0289.