Payroll services of the Quickbooks are highly beneficial for the businesses as well as entrepreneurs in generating payment for their employees without any hassle. Payroll feature of Quickbooks comes with a user-friendly module which has various options. But there are instances, when Quickbooks payroll services are affected by some errors and one such error is QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS033 also commonly known as Quickbooks error PS033. Quickbooks error PS033 is usually encountered due to a damaged CPS folder.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS033?
Quickbooks error PS033 is a payroll error which is encountered due to a damaged CPS folder. This error does not let you update the payroll serviced and also won’t let you open the company files.
Some of the main reasons for the occurrence of the QuickBooks Error PS033?
- Inactive payroll subscription.
- More than one active payroll in the inactive direct deposit agreement
- Damaged Quickbooks file.
- Quickbooks data is damaged.
- Outdated Quickbooks.
- Service key which is being used is not correct.
- Invalid EIN (Employee identification number).
- Incompatibility of the Quickbooks with windows.
How to resolved QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS033?
Step 1: Updating Payroll tax table.
- Open Quickbooks.
- Go to the update option.
- Select “options”.
- Select “Mark all”.
- Click on update now.
- Click on Reset update.
- Click on Get updates.
Step 2: Renaming the CPS folder.
- Go to C:\Program File\Intuit\Quickbooks 20XX\Components\Payroll\CPS.
- Open the CPS folder.
- Right click the folder.
- Rename the folder.
Step 3: Disabling User account Control (UAC)
- Go to the start menu.
- Type UAC.
- Click Change User account control settings.
- Mover slider to never notify.
- Click OK.
Step 4: Restarting in safe mode
- Open Quickbooks.
- Go to the file menu.
- Select Utilities.
- Select rebuild data.
- Let the rebuilding of data be completed.
- Again choose the verify data option in the utilities tab.
- Restart the system in safe mode.
- Update Quickbooks as well as payroll tax tables.
Hopefully, these troubleshooting of updating payroll tax tables, disabling UAC and updating Quickbooks are helpful in averting QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS033. If you are still stuck on error PS33, reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at 1-888-485-0289.