At times, you might need to clone the hard drive which Quickbooks has installed in it and there can be various reasons for this.Usually, users clone their hard drive to upgrade to different machines. However, while cloning the hard drive, you might see a certain error. For instance, you might see a post cloning error – “Quickbooks license error after Clone”.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks license error after Clone?
- Quickbooks software might be outdated.
- The Windows Operating system might be outdated.
- .QBO file might be unsaved before importing.
Third party security programs are not letting Quickbooks installation.
- The MSXML file of the window can be damaged.
Before proceeding to fix Quickbooks license error after Clone, keep the following things in mind:
- Valid product registration key is handy.
- Create a backup of your company file.
- Make sure to have the latest version of Quickbooks.
Some of the ways to fix QuickBooks license error after Clone:
QuickBooks License Error After Cloning Solution 1: By deleting QuickBooks Entitlement data file.
- First of all, you have to press Ctrl+Alt+Del and it will open a task manager.
- Now, you need to reach the processes tab and make a click on qbw32.exe and proceed to end the task.
- You need to press window+R and then type C:\ProgramsData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (0r v6).
- After clicking ok you need to locate the ECML file.
- After right clicking, go to the delete tab.
QuickBooks License Error After Cloning Solution 2: By updating the Windows operating system.
- After going to the start button, type windows update in the search box.
- You need to now select system update from the list of programs and then check for updates.
- Install these updates and restart your system.
QuickBooks License Error After Cloning Solution 3: By temporarily disabling the Antivirus protection.
- Antivirus usually has different interfaces, so you need to disable the antivirus protection step by step.
- In the task bar, go to the small arrow at the bottom right corner of your computer system.
- Now you need to right click the antivirus icon and go to the disable protection tab,
- Select the time for which you have to disable antivirus.
By following these troubleshooting, you can easily resolve QuickBooks license error after Clone . If you’re still facing any issue in resolving QuickBooks License Error after cloning, contact QuickBooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289 and our technical team will help you!!!