Despite Quickbooks enterprise being the most fantastic accounting software, Quickbooks is also prone to some errors. One of the errors which is encountered by the Quickbooks enterprise is QuickBooks Error Code 15240. Quickbooks error 15240 can be very annoying and needs to be resolved at instant.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 15240?
Quickbooks error 15240 appears with the error message – “Quickbooks error 15240:HRESULTXXXX the Quickbooks update didnot complete successfully” or “Quickbooks error 15240:HRESULTXXXXX the payroll update did not complete successfully”.
Quickbooks error 15240 occurs when you try to download the update for the software and it may hamper your work with the Quickbooks.
What are the reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 15240?
- Quickbooks’ version is outdated.
- Not logged in the window as admin.
- The download link which has been specified is not valid.
- Quickbooks being used in multi-user mode.
- Corrupted windows registry.
- Quickbooks update is damaged.
How can QuickBooks Error Code 15240 be resolved?
Method 1: Running Quickbooks as admin.
- Make a right click on the Quickbooks icon.
- Proceed to choose the tab of run as admin.
- And, click on open properties and then you have to check the compatibility for all users.
Method 2: To verify the internet Explorer settings.
- To begin with, click on the gear icon and choose the internet options.
- Navigate to the advanced tab and now under the security tab, check-mark Use SSL 2.0 and use SSL 3.0.
- Click Apply.
Method 3: By checking the firewall.
- To get rid of the error, you have to check the third-party firewall settings. Since, the firewall settings may hinder smooth communication of the Quickbooks.
- For this you have to consult the developer of the third party firewall to adjust the settings and permit Quickbooks so you need to install the updates.
Make sure to provide to access to the following files:
- Verify that ports 80 and 443 are not disabled.
Read More- Easy Steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 1328
Method 4: Verifying the security software settings.
- Ensure to configure the settings of the Quickbooks software in the security and malware software.
- It will smooth the process of Quickbooks.
For more help in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 15240, call Quickbooks enterprise support at +1-888-485-0289.