Quickbooks accounting software dominates the accounting industry because of its features and functionalities. Quickbooks has marked its presence all over the world amongst the businesses. Quickbooks is a pioneer in accounting tasks for entrepreneurs when it comes to managing accounts and bookkeeping. But Quickbooks is not free from the errors. Quickbooks error code: 3371 status code 11118 is one such error which affects working of the Quickbooks.
What is QuickBooks Error Code: 3371 status code 11118?
Quickbooks error code 3371 status code 11118 is usually encountered when you try to reconfigure the desktop or when the Quickbooks company file is being set up for the first time. Error code 3371 status code 11118 might also occur due to damaged datastore.ecml file which consists of the licence properties of the Quickbooks.
Quickbooks error: 3371 status code 11118 error comes up with an error message stating “Quickbooks could not load the licence data”. Error code does not let you download the licence data due to missing or damaged files. When you click Ok on the error dialog box for QBS error code: 3371 status code 11118, it will show another message stating Quickbooks fatal error. Because of this error quickbooks is not able to sync the licence properties.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 3371:
- The system might get hanged for some time.
- You might see mysterious HTML files.
- Quickbooks error code: 3371 will not let you access the company file.
What are the causes for the occurrence of Quickbooks error code: 3371 status code 11118?
- Quickbooks error 3371 might occur due to error code 80029c4a.
- Qbregistration.dat file might be missing.
- Quickbooks desktop might be having performance issues.
- Connection to the QBdata file might be lost.
- There might be issues while printing, emailing otr saving pdfs from the Quickbooks.
- Windows updates might be incomplete or unsuccessful.
- Crash com errors can also cause Error 3371.
- Damaged MSXML component.
- Antivirus interruption can also cause Quickbooks error 3371.
Before fixing Quickbooks error: 3371 status code 11118, remember the following things:
- Make sure that windows are updated.
- You must save the company file before you import the .QBO file.
How to fix QuickBooks Error Code: 3371 status code 11118?
Solution 1: Shutdown the running applications.
- First, close the recent Quickbooks window.
- Then, close all Quickbooks processes.
- Open the run window by pressing windows+R.
- Type C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\ v8(or v6) in the run box.
- Click Ok.
- Open the task manager and reach the processes tab.
- Find all QBW32.exe instances.
- Select the end task after selecting these files.
- Also, remove EntitlementDataStore.ecml file from the processes tab.
Solution 2: Removing the Ecml file.
- Press windows+R and copy and paste C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement client\v8 in the run box.
- Now, you need to spot the windows explorer.
- Right click on the Ecml file and proceed to remove the ecml file.
- Select the delete button.
- Close the window.
Solution 3: Changing name of Entitlement file.
- For windows XP users:
- Go to the start option and open the run box.
- Enter the path to locate EntitlementDataStore.ecml file:Documents and settings allusersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2.
- Click ok.
- Continue to rename the entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
For windows 7, 8:
- Reach the C:ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- Rename the entitlement file.
- Open Quickbooks.
- It will Automatically create a new file.
- Go to the computer and then to the ‘Select Organise’ option.
- Reach ‘chose folder’.
- Click on hidden files and folder.s
- Open Quickbooks to check if the error occurs.
Solution 4: USe Quickbooks tool hub to fix Quickbooks error 3371.
- Close Quickbooks.
- Download Quickbooks tool hub.
- Install Quickbooks tool hub from the download list.
- After completing the download, open Quickbooks tool hub.
- Choose option- Quick fix my program.
- Click Ok.
Solution 5: Run Quickbooks install Diagnostic tool.
- Open Quickbooks tool hub.
- Choose the installation issues.
- Select Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- Run it and will detect and repair the issues.
Solution 6: Update windows.
- Click on the Windows tab.
- Click on check for updates option.
- Once the updates are complete, you must reinstall Quickbooks.
- Also, you must update the Quickbooks.
Hopefully, all these above-mentioned methods were helpful to get you out of this error which occurs due to damaged or missing files. But if you are still stuck on Quickbooks error code: 3371 status code 11118, connect to the experts at Quickbooks enterprise support at 1888-485-0289 and or team will help you to resolve this error.