Quickbooks has progressed towards dominating as champion amongst all the software which are designed for accounting, finance and bookkeeping. Inappropriate working of Quickbooks hampers the working of the businesses and entrepreneurs’ accounting work. QuickBooks Error Code 1321 is one such error which affects Quickbooks.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 1321 ?
QuickBooks Error Code 1321 appears when you install or update the company file. As per the error – “The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the company file”.
Some of the reasons which result in the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 1321 are:
- The process of file copy is slower than the process of updating the file.
- Quickbooks communication is blocked by antivirus or security software.
- The permissions for the folders which consist of the folder are restricted.
- File is damaged.
What can be done to resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1321 ?
Method 1: Running Quickbooks install diagnostic tool.
- In order to resolve Quickbooks error 1321, it is recommended that you begin with downloading the Quickbooksinstalltool.exe from the original Intuit website.
- Go to the downloads’ list and get the Quickbooksinstall.exe file installed in the system by following the onscreen steps.
- Run the file after installing it and it will repair all the issues associated with Quickbooks installation.
Method 2: If the file copy process is slow.
- You need to make a click on the retry option in the update windows to allow the update to complete.
- If this step does not work, make a click on the Cancel tab on the error message.
- From the options tab proceed to temporarily disabling the system security software.
Method 3: Updating the user’s insufficient privileges to files.
- In case of error 1321, you will see the message -”QB error 1321. The installer has insufficient privileges to modify the file C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashplayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.gfg”.
- You need to put the privileges for the folder given in the error message instance “C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashplayerTrust\AcrobatConnect.gfg.
- For this:
- Open the windows explorer and reach the parent folder which is enlisted in QB error 1321 in the log file.
- Here the parent folder is FlashplayerTrust.
- Make a right click on the parent folder and then go to the properties tab.
- Here you need to choose the security option and then under the administrators tab, go to Groups or user name.
- Confirm on the permissions tab and select the option of Replace Permissions Entries on all Child objects with the entries.
- Click OK.
Method 4: Editing the windows permission folder.
- Open the run window.
- Find the location of the Quickbooks program file and click Enter.
- The location would be – C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\Enterprise Solution 14.0. Choose the option to view in the new window and then make a click on Customize this folder.
- Reach to administrators tab in the security header.
- Select the option of Allow checkboxes and then choose the System user on the security tab.
- Click OK.
If you need more help in resolving QuickBooks Error Code 1321, you can reach out to Quickbooks enterprise support at 1-888-485-0289.