Like other software, QuickBooks sometimes may also have some face technical glitches or errors which would not allow QuickBooks to complete the task. There are many errors which QuickBooks encounter. QuickBooks abort error is one of such errors. If you still show QuickBooks abort error code .Our technical support will offer you the required help.
What is QuickBooks Abort Error?
Occurrence of QuickBooks abort error results in difficulty in accessing the company files. Abort error occurs with an error stating “ The connection to the company files have been lost”. The changes which have been made need to be re-entered. It may result in closing down of QuickBooks.
Why does QuickBooks abort error code occur?
- QBWUSER.INI files may be damaged or missing.
- Hard drives may be corrupted.
- Multiple computer systems might have been set up on one network host Quickbooks.
- In multiple user mode, quickbooks might be used using different versions.
- Antivirus may be clashing with Quickbooks.
- Quickbooks might be corrupted.
What are the effects of QuickBooks abort error?
- Quickbooks may shut down abruptly.
- Computer system might crash.
Simple Ways to fix QuickBooks abort error?
QuickBooks abort error Solution 1: By using QuickBooks file doctor.
You have to install Quickbooks file doctor tool and now you need to view the results:
1- If it shows “No error detected”, it means files are Ok.
2- If Error detect is shown , then you need to repair the file and restore the backup.
QuickBooks abort error code Solution 2: Renaming QBWUSER.INI file.
- First of all, you have to enable the hidden folders.
- Next, navigate to the location of the folder: \[user name]\AppData\Intuit\QuickBooks[year]\.
- Make a right click on QBWUSER.INI.
- Rename the file by adding .old at the end of the file, also rename the .ecml file.
QuickBooks abort error code Solution 3: Checking the hosting status of Quickbooks.
- Reach the utilities tab from the files menu.
- Make a click on stop hosting to multi-user access.
- Check mark for the box ‘Open file in multi-user mode’.