QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 is a scripting error which happens when a window fails to execute a command which is needed to run web-based applications. To have properly functioning Quickbooks it requires proper functioning of windows applications like ActiveX, Java, .Net Framework and flash player. Any kind of issues in these components would affect working of Quickbooks online as well as Quickbooks desktop. These issues also result in the occurrence of the Quickbooks error 101 which arrives while you connect your bank account with the Quickbooks online.
What is QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 ?
Quickbooks error 101 appears due to faulty windows configuration or wrong internet configuration. Error 101 pops up with a message – “ Looks like the connection to the Bank Business Online Banking isn’t available right now. Try again later”.
What causes QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 ?
- Faults in the window configuration.
- Windows fails to run the Flash and java.
- Windows fails to run .Net Framework and ActiveX.
- Wrongly configured internet explorer settings.
- Blocked window components.
- Disable script debugging.
What are the ways to fix QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101?
Solution 1: Reconfiguring Internet Explorer settings.
- Open Internet explorer.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Choose Internet options.
- Click trusted sites on the security tab.
- Click on sites option.
- Add https://*intuit.com in the website field.
- Click add.
- Also, add https://*.Quickbooks.com to it.
- Click the close button.
- Reach the Custom level section.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous tab.
- Proceed to enable the Allow Cross-domain requests.
- Press Apply.
- Update the transaction again in Quickbooks online.
Solution 2: Resetting the Pop up settings.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Reach the privacy tab.
- Select Advanced tab.
- Check mark the Override Automatic Cookie handling option.
- Ensure that First party and third party cookies are accepted.
- Check mark the always allow session cookies tab.
- Click OK.
QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 Solution 3: Enabling ActiveX controls.
- In the internet option of the internet explorer under the security tab, select the custom level tab.
- Open the internet zone window.
- Scroll down to ActiveX controls and plugins.
- You need to enable the downloaded signed ActiveX controls, Binary and script behavior, script ActiveX controls, Marked safe for Scripting and Run ActiveX controls and plugin options.
- Click Ok.
Solution 4: Enabling TLS 1.2.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Reach the Advanced tab.
- Move to Use TLS 1.2 and check mark this box.
- Find the option “Do not Save Encrypted Pages to Disk and proceed to uncheck this.
- Click Apply.
Solution 5: Updating .NET framework, JAVA and Adobe flash player.
- Visit Java download centre.
- Download and install the latest java release.
- Also, you need to download the latest updates for flash player.
- Proceed to download the recent updates for Microsoft .NET framework 4.5.
Solution 6: Updating Quickbooks online manually.
- Open Quickbooks online.
- Go to the banking section.
- Select Banking tab.
- Click on the update option.
- Update online banking in Quickbooks online.
If the above mentioned methods do not work in fixing QuickBooks Online Banking Error 101 , you can reach out to QuickBooks enterprise support at 1-888-485-0289, and our team of experts will help you to get rid of Quickbooks error 101.